The PMJJBY Scheme is a one-year life insurance plan that is renewable from year to year and provides death coverage. The coverage under PMJJBY is only for death, so the benefit will only go to the nominee. PMJJBY is a pure term insurance policy with no investment component that covers only mortality. For more detailed information like Age Limit, Benefits, Apply Online, Status & Certificate keep reading till the end till the end of the article.
The Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Beema Yojna is a life insurance plan designed specifically for India’s poorest families. This policy is available to any Indian citizen between the ages of 18 and 50 who has an active savings account. It was first released in 2015. PMJJBY provides life insurance coverage of Rs. 2 lakhs for a low annual premium of Rs. 330. The premiums will be deducted automatically from the associated bank account on an annual basis.
The PMJJBY Scheme was launched along with two other insurance schemes that are Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Beema Yojana and Atal Pension Yojana, with the goal of increasing insurance penetration in India and catering to the needs of common people.
PMJJBY Scheme Features
- It will Protect your family with a life cover of INR 2,00,000 in case of unforeseen events.
- It will Save time with this simple process that requires minimal documentation.
- Get your cover off to a good start with “over the counter” issuance.
- No maturity benefits
- Ease the renewal process by having the premium deducted automatically from your bank account.
- Take advantage of tax benefits under Section 80 C and Section 10 (10D) of the Internal Revenue Code, as applicable.
How Does PMJJBY Scheme Work?
The IndiaFirst Life Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana offers a fixed cover option of Rs. 2 lakhs as a group protection plan. Under the PM Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana, all members enrolled in the IndiaFirst Life PMJJBY plan will receive a risk cover of the same amount. The IndiaFirst Life Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana, which is a yearly renewable plan, provides PMJJBY coverage to all members of the group for one year from the date of issuance of the PMJJBY plan.
PMJJBY Scheme Eligibility Conditions
To take advantage of the PMSBY’s benefits, you must meet certain requirements. The following is a list of such requirements.
- To participate in the scheme, you must be at least 18 years old.
- To be eligible for PMSBY, you must be at least 70 years old.
- Potential policyholders who are interested must have a current savings account.
- The applicant’s savings account should be linked to his or her Aadhaar card.
- A copy of the Aadhaar card should be sent with the application if the Aadhaar details are not linked to the bank account mentioned.
- Payment of the Rs. 12 premium.
PMJJBY Scheme Coverage
Here’s a table that highlights the PMSBY’s Coverage options.
|Event||Claim Amount (Rs.)|
|An accident leading to policyholder’s death||2 lakhs (given to nominee)|
|Permanent total disability||2 lakhs|
|Permanent partial disability||1 lakh|
Documents Required for PMJJBY Scheme
A list of documents that must be submitted to be part of the PMJJBY Scheme is provided below.
- Form: Submission of a duly completed PMSBY application form containing information such as the nominee’s name, contact information, Aadhaar number, and other pertinent information. Apart from English and Hindi, this form is available in a variety of regional languages. The form, for example, is available in Marathi, Tamil, Oriya, and other languages.
- Aadhar Card: If the applicant’s Aadhaar card information isn’t linked to the specified savings bank account, a copy of the Aadhaar card will be required. The same must be submitted along with the application form.
Here we conclude that we have mentioned all the details of the PMJJBY Scheme in the above article. For more details of the Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Beema Yojna (PMJJBY) you visit to this link – financialservices.gov.in. And for more topics like this one keep an eye on our website as we post similar topics on our website on daily basis.