You could think that you spend time on YouTube far too much. In that situation, you can decide to Delete YouTube Channel completely to make a tidy departure. Finding out which websites you have accounts with is the first step to taking into consideration how many accounts you have online. Additionally, you might wish to do this in an effort to remove your internet identity. If you want to know how to Delete YouTube Channel completely read this post till the end.
Delete YouTube Channel
For more than ten years, amateur digital video creators have called YouTube their home. Many users publish original video footage on their profiles. Millions more turn to it for music, pleasure, and education. Individual content curation is made possible by the ability to save videos in playlists. On YouTube, there are hundreds of thousands of hours of video available for selection.
Consider downloading any videos or playlist data from your account before deleting your YouTube channel. Having a digital record of this information is wise since you might later regret erasing it. Your inability to access previous movies or comments is the deletion’s major drawback. Therefore, be prepared before beginning this process.
All of your YouTube channel’s content is permanently deleted when you Delete YouTube Channel. Past comments, messages, playlists, histories, and videos are all included in here. You may complete all of this without deleting your Google account.
How to Delete YouTube Channel using Desktop?
Step 1: Choose “Settings” by clicking the symbol in the top right corner.
- Your profile photo will show up in the top right corner of a web browser on your YouTube website. It can be just a single initial if you haven’t specified a profile picture.
- For a drop-down menu, click it. “Settings” is one choice. begin here.
Step 2: Select “Delete Channel” from “View Advanced Settings.”
- In the options section, the option to delete your channel is fairly buried. You’ll find a link to “View Advanced Settings” under the name of your channel.
- “Delete Channel” is the last option on this menu. To continue, select it.
Step 3: Select “Permanently Delete” as opposed to “Hide.”
- Instead of deleting your account, you have the option to “Hide” it on the next screen. A variation of deletion known as hiding concentrates on eliminating your exterior presence, such as comments and answers.
- Simply put, your playlists and videos will go into private mode. If this fixes the problem, you can select “Hide,” but this won’t delete all of the information from your account.
- Choose “Permanently Delete” under the second option to delete everything. Enter your your address again to confirm. In order to prevent the deletion of your data without your consent, YouTube will take a few more procedures.
Step 4: It can take some time until your movies are taken down.
- YouTube cautions that even after you request deletion, your account and some of your videos can continue to exist online. Only at the time you choose the account will it be deleted.
- It’s possible that other users have requested deletion, and massive file deletion takes time. Allow a few days for your request to totally vanish. You can look for your previous content after a few days, but there should be no longer be any indications.
Steps to Delete YouTube Channel on Android
Step 1: First, launch the YouTube app on your phone or tablet. On your screen, in the top-right corner, tap the symbol for your profile photo. Choosing Manage Your Google Account.
Step 2: choose Data and Personalization.
Step 3: Click Delete a Service or Your Account under the section that says Download, Delete, or Make a Plan for Your Data.
Step 4: On the following screen, select Delete a Service. Re-logging in will be required. Do so. You will then have the choice to download your data before to deactivating your YouTube channel. Tap on Download Data to do so if you want to. Tap the trash can symbol next to YouTube to delete your YouTube channel when you’re ready.
Step 5: You will be prompted to log in once more. Do so. Then select I Want to Permanently Delete My Content from the menu that appears. By choosing this, it will be expanded into a brief explanation of what this choice actually means, along with a check box. If you understand the explanation and still wish to deactivate your YouTube channel, check the box after reading it.
Step 6: Click the blue Erase My Content button when you’re ready to delete your YouTube channel.
Delete YouTube Channel from iOS
It’s rather easy to delete your YouTube channel on iOS, and you can do it directly from the YouTube app. Just carry out these actions.
Step 1: Tap the profile symbol in the top-right corner of the Home Screen and select Manage Your Google Account.
Step 2: From the main tab, select Data and Personalization. Click Delete a Service or Your Account as you scroll down.
Step 3: From there, you can choose whether to delete specific services or your entire Google account. Choose Delete a Google Service to get rid of your YouTube channel. Your password must be entered when prompted.
Step 4: After entering your password, select YouTube and click the trash can button to delete all of your data.
Your videos, comments, playlists, and other content are all deleted when you Delete YouTube Channel. Additionally, all of that data is permanently lost if you delete your account; it cannot be recovered. You can also choose to hide your channel, which will keep everything on the account secret to everyone but you, if you’d like a less-permanent fix. A private channel can be made public once more at any time, but any previous comments and replies will be permanently removed.