Hello, neighbors! I’m back in your inbox this summer morning to walk you through everything you need to know about what’s happening in Smithtown these days. Let’s have at it…
First, today’s weather:
Showers and a heavier t-storm. High: 83, low: 69.
🏡 Attention, real estate pros in Smithtown! We’re now offering an exclusive sponsorship opportunity for an agent interested in attracting local clients and standing apart from the competition. Click here to learn more.
Here are the top 5 stories in Smithtown today:
- The music will be loud at the Smithtown Library on Thursday, July 7, the first day of the Family Concert Series. The band “Just Sixties” will open the event at 7:30 p.m. Don’t forget to bring your chair or blanket! (Smithtown Matters)
- Meet Apple Fritter, a 2-year-old puggle mix that made it to the Smithtown Animal shelter of the week and is waiting to be adopted by a loving family/person. Apple was found astray and is very good with gentle animals and children. (Patch)
- The Burn Center at Stony Brook University wants to help the community to have a safe July Fourth weekend! Check out ten tips to avoid sunburn and other skin issues. (Stony Brook News)
- Jobs searchers in the community, Patch has a list of who is hiring in the Smithtown area. (Patch)
- Police are investigating a car crash that injured a man in St. James on Thursday morning. A 2006 Hyundai hit a tractor-trailer on Route 347. Matthew Basile was the Hyundai driver and was transported to Stony Brook Hospital in critical condition. (Patch)
Could you help us make this newsletter better?
We’ve been getting so much positive feedback about the Smithtown Daily that we’re starting to get a big head. Want to bring us back down to earth with some constructive feedback? If so, take our simple — and quick! — reader survey. Your feedback will help us ensure we’re covering the kind of local news, events, and scuttlebutt you care about. And it will help us toward our goal of being an indispensable local resource and the last email you’d ever unsubscribe from.
We’d be so appreciative of your feedback that we’ll enter your email address in a drawing for a small mountain of Patch swag if you take the survey. You know you want that tote bag — so click the link and give it to us straight. Thank you!
Today in Smithtown:
- Underground’s Summer Blockbuster Challenge (Smithtown Building). (9:30 a.m.)
- Creation Station (Smithtown Building). (10 a.m.)
- Nursery Rhyme Time (Smithtown Building). (10 a.m.)
- Color Scratch Art Fish (Kings Park Building). (11 a.m.)
From my notebook:
- Smithtown Christian School: “Now that we are finished with our school year and enjoying our summer break, we want to celebrate all of our 2022 graduates over these next couple of days. We will begin by honoring our Kindergarten graduates.” (Smithtown Christian School via Facebook)
- Smithtown Performing Arts Center: “I can not express just how vital the Theatre is to the business district’s successful revitalization transformation.” (Smithtown Performing Arts Center via Facebook)
- Smithtown Library Kids: “Get the scoop on these awesome reads, perfect for those with a sweet tooth.” (Smithtown Library Kids via Instagram)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
Alrighty, you’re all good for today! I’ll catch up with you bright and early tomorrow with a new update.
— Debora Whitehead
About me: Have a story idea? Please get in touch with me! I would love to hear from you! Wife, mom, foodie, traveler, and nature lover.
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Smithtown Daily? Contact me at Smithtown@Patch.com.