The effect of AI is clearly visible in all kinds of applications and software. Snapchat took a similar initiative and launched My AI chatbot after getting inspired by OpenAI’s ChatGPT.
As ChatGPT was part of a trend itself, the launch of My AI chatbot took the social media world by storm. Earlier, My AI was only available for Snapchat+ users, but now, every Snap user can get it for free, which is another reason for its popularity.
Unfortunately, some of the users were not able to get it and started wondering why they don’t have Snapchat AI when everyone else could use it for free.
So, the question is – how to get My AI on Snapchat? Reading this comprehensive guide will give you the answer and also provide you with solutions in case it’s not working. Read on!
How to Get Snapchat AI?
First of all, let’s figure out how you can get Snapchat AI on your app. There are two methods you can try:
From the Chat Section
The moment this social media app made its AI feature available to all of its users, each user got a notification regarding the My AI Chatbot. However, it is possible that you may have missed that.
Follow these steps if you can’t figure out how to get Snapchat AI:
- Go to the Chat section.
- Tap on My AI present at the top of the chats.
- When you do that, a chat screen will open, and you can start a conversation with the chatbot.
- If you’re about to use it for the first time, you’ll see an introductory message, and you need to tap Accept to begin.
So, this is how you can open My AI and start a conversation with it. However, if you don’t find the chat option there, try the next method.
Through Force Enable
If you haven’t received the automatic update and can’t find Snapchat AI yet, you can try the force enable method. In this method, you need to take the manual initiative to try Snapchat Plus and its exclusive features, in which MY AI is also included.
Follow these steps:
- Open the official app on your Android or iOS device and tap the profile icon in the top-left corner.
- You’ll get to the profile, and from there, tap the Snapchat+ option.
- It’ll take you to the features page. Scroll down to the bottom and tap Next to proceed further.
- Tap Start Free Trial.
When you choose a free trial, you can try all the features of the premium version of Snapchat for seven days. So, if you’re not able to add My AI on Snapchat, this can be the right solution for you.
However, the method only works if you haven’t used Snapchat+ before.
How to Change the Name of My AI Bot?
Most snap users prefer to personalize the My AI Bot and give it a unique name. If you’ve already got My AI but wish to change its name, follow these steps
- Open the app, go to the Chat section, and tap My AI at the top.
- It will open the chat screen, and from there, tap My AI’s profile picture.
- Tap on My AI name.
- Type your choice of name in the “Edit name for My AI” pop-up. Tap Save when you’re done.
That’s it; it will set a new name for the chatbot. However, if you still can’t figure out why you don’t have AI on Snapchat, proceed further.
What to Do When Snapchat AI is Not Working?
If you’ve tried every method, but you’re still wondering why won’t your Snapchat AI work, some other issue with the app could be the reason behind that.
In that case, you can try the following methods to get My AI chatbot working.
- Update the app, as you could be using an outdated version of it that doesn’t have the AI chatbot yet.
- Log out of your account and log in again. Check if the feature appears or not.
To clear the cache:
|Go to My Profile >> Tap ⚙️ >> Account Actions >> Clear Cache|
- Uninstall the app, and reinstall it to fix the issue.
- Wait for the automatic update, as the Chatbot feature is new and may take some time to be available for all Snap accounts.
So, these are some of the options that may work if you cannot add my AI on Snapchat.
What Type of Data Snapchat Shares With the AI?
Snapchat is just another social media app that uses your data to give you a better experience. The app shares your location with My AI chatbot, which is effective in giving some nearby place recommendations. In addition, the app also uses your data to show relevant ads and recommend better products.
Final Thoughts – Why You Need My AI?
Snapchat Plus has a lot of unique and impressive features, and My AI is surely one of them. Even though some users are facing issues and are not able to find out why they don’t have My AI on Snapchat, the ones using this feature are enjoying its benefits.
Nevertheless, the methods mentioned in this write-up can help you get the latest snap feature with ease. And, once you have it, you can use it and enjoy the benefits it offers. It can give you the best recommendations regarding a gift, writing a poem, planning trips, and a lot more.
Yes, My AI on Snapchat is completely safe and takes care of the user’s safety and privacy.
Ans:No, My AI on Snapchat is not a real person, as it is an artificial intelligence (AI) chatbot that responds to your texts.
Ans:Yes, My AI on Snapchat is free of cost. However, it was only available to Snapchat+ subscribers before.
Ans:The feature is a bit new, and you may have to wait to get the My AI chatbot on your Snapchat.