As a creator on YouTube, the thought of getting your channel verified must have crossed your mind. Getting verified on YouTube provides you with several benefits and allows you to use multiple features.
Verified on YouTube! pic.twitter.com/hJF7k1ZbfB
— Marcus Vance 🗡 (@MarcusCVance) July 18, 2023
There’s no doubt that when a viewer comes across your channel and watches the verification badge, it proves the authenticity of your channel to them. Moreover, YouTube is a good way to promote your business, and earning the verification badge improves your chances of getting viewed.
However, not everyone is eligible for a verified YouTube channel. So, reading this write-up will help you figure out how to get verified on YouTube and other essential things you must know about the process.
How to Get Verified on YouTube?
First of all, you must now learn how do you get verified on YouTube.
The whole process includes two steps, as you first need to verify your YouTube account and then the channel.
How to Verify a YouTube Account?
Verifying your YouTube account is pretty simple, and you can do it by following these steps:
- Open https://www.youtube.com/verify on your mobile or desktop.
- In the first step, you need to fill in the information for the verification code. You can either get the verification code by text or through a call as a voice message.
- After selecting your preferred method, choose your country and enter the phone number in the space given.
- Click or tap GET CODE at the bottom, and enter the 6-digit code in the next step.
- After you enter the code and click SUBMIT, your account will be verified, and you’ll receive a notification as shown below.
Doing this will verify your YouTube account, and you’ll be able to access all features.
How to Verify a YouTube Channel?
Verifying a YouTube channel is a different process from verifying the account, as it gives you the verification badge. Also, you can perform the steps required on a desktop only, as you can only access the YouTube Studio on a desktop.
However, to get your YouTube channel verified, you must know your user ID and channel ID first. Follow these steps if you have no idea of your user ID and channel ID:
- Open YouTube, and click your profile icon at the top right.
- From the drop-down menu, click Settings.
- Then, click Channel Status and Features from the list of options.
- It will open the Settings tab; from the list of options, click Manage YouTube account under Advanced Settings.
- Click Advanced Settings on the left.
- Then, note down the User ID and Channel ID.
- Go to the YouTube channel verification application page.
NOTE: You’ll only be able to see the application form if your channel has 100,000 subscribers.
- Fill out the form and enter the channel name and ID that you already noted down. Click Submit when you’re done.
- Then, you’ll see a message on the screen saying that your email has been sent. All you need to do now is wait a few weeks.
If everything works fine, your channel will receive the verification badge. Moreover, once you earn it for your channel, make sure you monitor your YouTube performance.
What is YouTube Account Verification?
YouTube account verification is basically a sign of authentication. You can easily compare it to the blue ticks you can get on social media websites like Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. According to Forbes, there are over 2.5 million monthly active users on YouTube. Considering such a huge audience base, there are millions of channels, and having yours verified helps gain the trust of the viewers.
Having your account verified means that YouTube has given a review to your channel and confirmed your identity. There’s a lot more you must know about YouTube verification and, most importantly, why you need it.
Why You Must Verify Your YouTube Account?
YouTube’s verification is essential for claiming authenticity on the platform, and it also helps in the monetization of your channel. With a verified channel, you can post anything officially as an artist, brand, influencer, or anything else.
Moreover, a YouTube verification badge represents an official channel and makes your viewers feel confident that the information your channel is providing is accurate and legitimate. Other than that, you get all these benefits if you verify your YouTube account or channel.
- Increases the Upload Limit: YouTube can only allow uploading videos shorter than 15 minutes for non-verified channels. However, with a verified channel, you can upload videos longer than 15 minutes.
- Starts Live Streaming on YouTube: If you have a verified YouTube channel, you can easily live stream the videos that help in channel growth.
- Enables Content ID Claim Appeals: Verified channels on YouTube can appeal for content ID claims. It means you can appeal a claim if some other channel has used a part of your video or the whole video. If the claim is plausible, YouTube will remove the video.
- Allows You to Add Custom Thumbnails: If your channel is not verified, your videos can only have the thumbnails that YouTube auto-generates. But with a verified channel, you can add custom thumbnails to your videos.
So, start planning to verify your YouTube channel if you want all these benefits.
What are the Eligibility Requirements to Get Verified on YouTube?
To get the verification on YouTube, you have to meet these eligibility requirements:
- Have a Complete Profile on YouTube: You must have a complete profile on YouTube. A complete profile means your YouTube channel has a banner, profile picture, and description. Moreover, you have to be consistent on the platform and regularly post videos.
- Be Authentic: YouTube only verifies your account if your channel represents everything it claims to be. For example, if you create a channel about pets, you need to make sure you post content related to that only.
- Have More than 1,00,000 Subscribers: Your channel must have at least 100,000 subscribers to get verified on YouTube. In case you don’t have that many subscribers, form different strategies to grow your audience, like sharing a YouTube video on Instagram.
YouTube can verify some channels if they don’t have 100,000 subscribers, but the creators of such channels must already be well-known to the world.
Keeping these points in mind, you must apply for verification on YouTube.
How to Keep Your YouTube Account Verified?
Once you get verification for your YouTube account, you must follow all the guidelines. Otherwise, your channel will lose the small check mark that appears next to your channel’s name.
Some of the rules you need to follow are:
- Don’t change the name of your YouTube channel. If you change the channel’s name, the badge of verification will be removed, and you’ll have to apply again for verification from the renamed channel.
- Don’t try any fraudulent means to grow your YouTube channel before or after its verification. If the authorities get aware of that, your channel will lose the verification, and you may lose your channel too.
- Avoid deleting your channel or changing the URL.
So, these are some of the tips you need to keep in mind if you want your YouTube account to get verified.
Wrapping Up – Start Growing on YouTube
Being a successful creator on YouTube takes a lot of effort, and earning the verification badge would be one of the first things you have to shift your focus to. You can focus on growing your subscribers first and then abide by the community guidelines on YouTube. After that, request for verification and wait for a while after you submit your request.
YouTube’s verification has its own benefits. You can enjoy the additional features and make your channel credible. Your audience will get a sense of satisfaction knowing that they’re retrieving information from a verified source. So, get the verification badge for your YouTube channel today, or start making efforts to earn it!
Ans: Yes, you can get verified on YouTube without 100k subs. But you must be a popular
personality already so that YouTube can recognize you.
Ans: YouTube pays according to the number of views your channel receives and the types of
ads displayed on your channel. On average, YouTube pays about $1-2 per 1,000 views.
Ans: You don’t have to pay a penny to get your YouTube channel verified. Just follow the
guidelines and abide by the rules and regulations of YouTube.
Ans: Once you submit the application, you may have to wait for a few weeks for confirmation.
Ans: Unfortunately, there’s no way you can verify a YouTube account without a phone number.